How to Monetize your Podcast?
You probably had a big vision for your podcast – how it will run smoothly, what would the contents be, who is gonna be the guest, etc. Basically, it’s the passion that’s speaking at first, but what could be a way to sustain podcasting? It’s not just about producing episodes anymore, but finding out how you could monetize it or how you’ll earn from it.
There are two ways to do so – directly, and indirectly. Direct monetizing means gaining from your own original content, from your own creations, such as your own scripts, repurposed contents, etc. While indirect monetizing means your podcast is a tool to sell other things.
If you want to find out more, check this out:
- Donations – this is a common way to make money out of your podcasts. You could set up a donation/ funding drive for your listeners. Your audiences surely would be happy to provide pennies for you so long as you keep on producing content that interests them. But Podremember not to sound like you’re using the money for a different reason. Since your contents are what they are after, tell them that it would be of use for your future outputs.
- Make Premium Episodes for Sale – There will be an instance that your listener will have favorites among your episodes. You could grab that chance to make some episodes a premium one and put it into the purchase. Set only the favorites into special recordings and sell them. That way, your listeners might spend a buck for a premium one of their favorites!
- Put restrictions into your Older Episodes – This is also one way to make money on Podcasts. If you’re on it for a long time now, instead of creating special recordings, you could sell those contents that are older. That way, people will intend to buy if they ever find the need to hear those previous great contents.
- Use Youtube as a place for your Podcasts – Youtube is another way to monetize. You can publish your podcasts as videos on youtube, and just like any other videos there, you could earn from it based on views, likes, subscribers, comments, etc.
- Sell upgrades of Contents – Your listeners will always ought for more exclusive experiences. This is why you should take advantage of it. Say for example that you talked about overcoming stress and such on your first episode, the next episode would be about something even bigger for your listeners to pay for it.
These are just some of the basic ways to monetize your podcast. There are actually a lot more if you’ll look into it more. But this could be good enough for someone who’s only starting. So, go and produce more podcasts episodes with great content! Doing so will appeal to every audience and they might not even think twice of spending their money on you!